Life is uncanny. None can escape death's fateful grasp, even these stars. As we're getting on with our daily lives, it can be difficult to realize just how fragile life really is. These photos serve as a reminder of our own mortality.
1. Kim Jong II with his entourage that includes his son and successor Kim Jong Un.
2. Paul Walker's death was definitely heart wrenching for his fans. He died in a car wreck shortly after leaving a charity event to help typhoon victims.
3. Our forever love, Heath Ledger, smiles on the set of "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus" before overdosing on painkillers.
4. The killer of John Lennon, Mark David Chapman, appeared in the last photo of the musician. He was asking for an autograph.
5. Biggie Smalls was captured in a picture with Sean "P.Diddy" Combs at the Soul Train Music Awards right before his death.
6. Jimi Hendrix poses with his favorite instrument, "Black Betty," the day before his death.
7. Princess Diana is sitting in the back seat, looking back at the paparazzi. The Mercedes crashed seconds after this picture was taken.
8. Steve Jobs during his final days. He fought against pancreatic cancer for several years before finally succumbing to it.
9. Michael Jackson was rehearsing for his final show "This Is It" at the Los Angeles Staples Center two days before his death.
10. This is the last photo taken of all four members of the Beatles together.
11. This image shows Robin Williams at a party the night before he sadly took his own life.
12. This image shows Whitney Houston leaving a club on the night she sadly passed away.
13. Martin Luther King Jr. in his final interview.
14. Marilyn Monroe visited Frank Sinatra and Buddy Greco the weekend before her death on Aug. 5, 1962.
15. 1923, Vladimir Lenin's last known photo. He already had three strokes at this point and was completely mute.
16. The last known photo of the Titanic leaving Queenstown on April, 12th, 1912. Three days later, 1,514 people lost their lives as the Titanic sank into the bottom of the North Atlantic.