Do you enjoy reading this post ? We have more interesting stuff here. Subscribe our Newsletter now.
It's all Free!
1. 15 years ago, a 12-week-old puppy was fond abandoned in a shopping cart and was subsequently brought to a local animal shelter, where veterianry student Kelly O'connell was working.
2. At that time, Kelly wasn't looking for a dog, but he came in and they became best friends immediately. So Kelly took this puppy home and named him Charlie Bear.
3. Since then Charlie steadfastly remained by Kelly. When Kelly was getting married, she wanted the 15-year-old Charlie to be there more than anything.
4. Sadly, Charlie had been diagnosed with a brain tumor and was in the final stages at the time of her ceremony. He had 5 seizures the week before the wedding and was very week.
5. However, in the week of the wedding, Charlie had no seizures and seemed like a whole new dog. He mustered up enough strength to play a special part in the celebration before passing away.
6. Yes, Charlie DID make it down the aisle, unassisted. Kelly was crying. "This was the moment that really got me." She grabbed onto Charlie, stroke his face and kept saying, "You made it, buddy, you made it."
7. But Charlie couldn't make it back. He was too week to walk back after the nuptials. So Kelly's sister scooped him up and carried him up the aisle.
8. Kelly said she could "see it in his eyes" that this ailing dog held on in his fainal days just to greet his mom at the altar. He must be happy to be there as he's literally smiling in this picture.
9. Just over a week after the wedding, Charlie was put to sleep at home. He passed away peacefully surrounded by his loving family. "It's a phenomenal 15 years. That's for sure," Kelly said.